Monday, November 01, 2004

weekend conversations in zippy's world...


zippy: hi! how are you???

her: croak.

zippy: EW!

her: croak croak croak.

zippy: well what'd you answer the phone for?

her: croak.

zippy: sorry.

her: croak croak

zippy: no need to call me back, just get better.

her: croak


______


neighbor: Planned Parenthood... Margaret Sanger... that woman... should never... OH! don't get me started!

zippy: And yet, you have two children because why?

neighbor: Because we chose to have two children.

zippy: And you were able to use birth control to plan it just the way you wanted.

neighbor: . . .


_____


me: Who could tame me? Who could capture my wild flame and harness it to provide heat but not devastation? Who could ride the thunder and bottle the lightning?

him: Who?

me: You, baby. Brave, asbestos-gloved you.

______


zippy: I wish we lived closer together.

her: you'd have to move here because there's no way I'm moving there.

zippy: thank GOD! get me the hell out of here!

her: we could move to Costa Rica.

zippy: would we have to shave our legs in Costa Rica?

her: no, but we'll have to grow mustaches.

zippy: DONE.

her: what are you doing right now?

zippy: working on Boolean problems.

her: what's that?

zippy: a mathematical thing for computers.

her: good luck with that. I know it will make you a better writer.

zippy: bite me. with a mustache.

her: see! it's working already - note the nice contrast of expression.


______