Monday, May 22, 2006

My friend Jilli G asked me to burn her some twang. i'd been harping on about Lucinda Williams, how she's categorized as "country" but she'll never get airplay on country radio for her lyrics are so raw and real and her music runs the gamut from twang to hardcore rock. So, after several tries, I finally came up w/ the following mix for Jilli G - I hope she likes it, as I'm LOVING it!

Joy - LUCINDA WILLIAMS
I'm A Long Gone Daddy - THE THE
Love Me Like A Man - BONNIE RAITT
44 Stories - ROSANNE CASH
Time in Babylon - EMMYLOU HARRIS
Are You Down - LUCINDA
My Heart Would Know - THE THE
Scarlover - MARIA MCKEE
Down To Zero - BETTYE LAVETTE
Righteously - LUCINDA
Honky Tonkin' - THE THE
Take My Body - ROSANNE
'Cause Cheap Is How I Feel - COWBOY JUNKIES
You Gotta Sin To Get Saved - MARIA
Essence - LUCINDA
I Can't Get You Off Of My Mind - THE THE
Little Sparrow - BETTYE
American Dream - LUCINDA


of course, The The covered Hank Williams' best on their disc Hanky Panky. LOVE. IT. Go out and BUY IT.