Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ok, I'm going to say right off the bat that my good friend pinot grigio has visited my house tonight and that jocular bitch stayed looooooong past her welcome.

My good friend the increasingly neo-conservative says "HA! HA! HA! I'm dusting off my Bush-Cheney signs for the celebration party!"

I asked him if he's really having a celebration party. He said, "well, Joy's here."

My good neighbor the pro-Dubya soul that he is says "My five year old son greeted me as "Welcome Home Bush!" -- there is hope for the future!"

"That's just 'cause he hasn't started thinking for himself yet -- friend."

SMILES SMILES EVERYBODY SMILES (zoom in shot of biplane flying over midget in white suit)

My father's crazy family says TONIGHT JUST NOW "Not one of us has voted for that bastard Bush, nuh-uh, no way, no sir, no how!"

My mother's crazy family says TONIGHT JUST NOW "Oh zippy! You're so funny! OF COURSE we're voting for Bush! HAHAHAHAHA!"

This evening I spoke with a good friend in the UK who said "What do you mean Bush never visited a nation outside the US prior to his presidency?"

.
.
.

Last night I watched the first four episodes of the third season of Farscape - beginning with Season of Death, wherein Aeryn Sun comes back from the dead - to Cou'd'a Would'a Should'a: Wait for the Wheel, wherein Zhaan dies - and I CRIED LIKE A BABY!!! AGAIN. sigh.

am I menstrual?

am I political?

If I'm for Dubya, I can't be menstrual or political because, you know, women can't possibly do/be anything the average white man can't talk about.

If I'm for Kerry, I can't be menstrual or political because... oh, wait... I guess I can.


So, I'm weeping like a baby as I watch Zhaan die AGAIN.

I tried watching a political documentary on those who would have Clinton's presidency... but

FUCK YOU!

... I'm sorry... Missouri just came in with its 11 electoral votes for Dubya.

sigh.

my good friend Helen-I-look-just-like-an-Indigo-Girl in Missouri said to expect it.

senior pinot grigio has gone from my home. I'm thinking monseeeenyoooor merlot is about to come a knockin'.

it is statistically true that most people become more conservative as they grow older. I know that is true for myself.

however:

HAHAHAHAHAHA RALPH NADER IS DOING LESS THAN THE 1% HE PULLED IN THE 2000 ELECTION HAHAHAHAHAHA

...excuse me... I digress...

SEAT BELTS.... what the hell happened to Ralph Nader?? we all use seat belts these days! ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?? no. apparently not.

So. Zhaan dies in episode four, season three, Farscape.

Zhaan was the reason I fell in love with Farscape. She was this amazingly beautiful, true, reasoned, spiritual, blue soul.

then she hacked the arm off one of her own and said "I will ease your pain..."

VEDDY. SKEDDY. GEDDY.

and I swoooooooned for Farscape.

if only I could swooooooooon for my president.

sigh.

I have promised to show up in my environmental science class with tape over my mouth, should Dubya actually win (as opposed to steal) this election.

I hope he wins by a landslide, if he wins.

My sincerest fear is a repeat of the fiasco of the 2000 presidential election.

mr. zippy is at work tonight, awaiting "issues" with the ensuing election.

he sent me a report from the AP that discloses the GOP's agenda of charging journalists $300 a piece if they want to have a view of the presidential re-election campaign party tonight. Another $200 if they want to eat. If they want internet/telephone access, they have to provide funds to Verizon (presumably in the GOP pocket -- glad I didn't sign up w/ them after all).

and my good republican neighbor said, "And this is supposed to make me feel badly for journalists?"

"Nope," said I. "I'm just wondering if Fox "News" was included in this exclusion."

monseeeenyoooor merlot is here now and I must go.