Saturday, June 25, 2005

just got in from the theater where I had intended to only unload a
truck of mulch but when I arrived they were setting up for a private
party, and the hostess -- whom I'd met once before -- pulled me aside
and asked how to get rid of the kids who kept coming into the
building uninvited. 'what kids? where?' "those kids, there." those
kids there were weeeeeee small ones. so I introduced myself to them,
the oldest was 9 the youngest 4, and man were they bored. so I gave
them all something to do and together we built a flower bed. only
one of those kids was bad -- you can tell she was eaten up w/ it --
one was a staunch follower, and the others were really good kids,
just needed some direction. we had a good time playing in the dirt,
but of course w/ that many little ones it takes so much longer to do
the simplest things. so, my one hour task took about four and I
still didn't finish, but we did manage to walk to Dairy Queen and
back. I felt like the Pied Piper.