Sunday, April 10, 2005

THE BAD NEWS IS

We aren't attending the White House Press Dinner after all. Would have cost way more than it was worth. We've chosen, instead, to spend the cash on something we'll both enjoy longer than a rubber chicken sup in a rented tux, no matter the bragging rights. I'm still planning on spending the week in DC w/ mr. zippy, though. That ought to be fun!


THE GOOD NEWS IS

I went on the pump again today - just now as a matter of fact. Fret no more you fretters.


THE GOOD NEWS IS

I went shopping yesterday and found a skirt, pants, 2 blouses, 1 linen shirt, 1 tank, 1 cami, at both j Jill and Talbot's for the combined total of LESS THAN $200. and thus, a casual spring wardrobe was born.


conversation in zippy's world yesterday while shopping w/ the older clerk at J. Jill who has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS given me good advice:

me: ...so, when he didn't apologize, I came shopping.

clerk; they ought to know better. they can't let an angry woman leave the house to go shopping!

me: I KNOW.

clerk: you're going to make him hurt!

me: naaa. we just got out of debt -- and here I am!!

clerk: that was a good thing for you to do, get yourselves out of debt.

me: You like working here?

clerk: . . .

me: ouch.

clerk: Girl, I'm just trying to get out of debt so I can retire. I'm too old to be working like this.

me: How do you stay so young, then?

clerk: you should see me first thing in the morning, barely able to get out of bed, one knee swollen from standing all day, my whole body aching.

me: I'm sorry for your troubles, friend.

clerk: you did the best thing, getting out of debt. you take that charge card and go home now, don't stop anywhere else, get out of the mall!

me: you take much care now.

clerk: its always such a pleasure working with you, dear.

me; next time I'll bring you chocolate.

clerk: OoOOOOoo! do! now you go on home, don't make him pay anymore.

me: yes ma'am.