Wednesday, October 19, 2005

So. yesterday I spent in a lazy haze of funky conversation and food and wine w/ friend Minka. did a little shopping but otherwise did zero. nyet. nada. nilch. THEN I REMEMBERED the doctor's appointment I missed at 1:30p because, you know, that's when the conversation REALLY got gritty. As we gnoshed our way through my refrigerator and ate every left-over and cheese and meat and fruit morsel we could put our greedy hands on THEN I REMEMBERED i had to feed mr. zippy SOMETHING but there was nothing anymore.

whoops.

so mr. zippy had deeeeeelish pork fried rice from a nearby Chinese joint and all was well in the zippy hacienda. tonight he gets tenderloin if I can figure out how to cook it w/out ruining it.

and I slept not one wink last night. not. one. wink. my mind kept spinning over various bits of the day's conversation and the material I'm writing and and and. poor mr. zippy slept fitfully as well, w/ his shoulder grieving him even in slumber. this morning he was positively aslant, could not bend over to kiss me goodbye. but as any good couple do, we came together somewhere above my pillow that was a wee stretch for me and not so hurtful to him.



meet me at the wrecking ball,
I'll wear something pretty and white
and we'll go dancing tonight.