Wednesday, October 05, 2005

yesterday was my birthday -- PREEN! made it to 40 yrs and counting WOO HOO!

this is significant, for you see, some twenty years ago I was sent home from a hospital and told to live a quiet life and expect to die by 30.

I did not do that, by any means.

ahem.

and here I am TRA-LA!

So, my closest friends surprised me with a gift certificate to a local day spa (ok, not such a ginormous surprise but it was LOVELY they actually followed up on my pregnant hint - THANKS GUYS!) and friend Minka joined me for a massage and a steam and fun conversation. Minka even convinced her rubber to sing happy birthday to the both of us (as her birthday is this Sunday). That was fun to listen to. Poor woman was so self-conscious, but she did very well for someone who is terrified of singing in front of an opera singer. "Just make a JOYFUL NOISE!" Minka encouraged her. And that, she did.

then we went to lunch at R. Thomas somewhere in midtown or maybe Buckhead (I'm notorious for getting lost in phone booths -- I'm so glad they stopped making them). a pretty good fish taco (made w/ salmon and fresh veggies - YUM!) w/ a yellow canary seranading us and pigeons on the way out the door. although it only just now occurred to me the pigeons might have been part of the evening's menu. hmmm. I've had curried pigeon. it was pretty good, too.

then we hit the liquor store for sangria-making ingredients, came home, forgot a couple of things so went to the market, came home AGAIN and made a splendid pitcher of white sangria that we dove into w/ glee. mr. zippy came home and joined us w/ the imbibing. sort of. he'd had dental work earlier in the day and was pretty miserable. I think he took the sangria as an antidote. sure enough, this morning he told me it went straight to his head and he was in bed snoring by 9pm.

today I've been uploading discs to my iTunes and LOVING rediscovering all the music I've had for eons but haven't listened to in an age. currently that is Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl" cd. not a phenomenal disc, but I heart that song.

and the dogs continue to play SMACKDOWN outside as I go out of my way to avoid homework here inside.

I need to get out more.