Wednesday, November 09, 2005

News from the dog house....

mr. zippy is still angry. when he came home this evening it was clear he was not a happy camper. naturally, it did not occur to me that it had anything at all to do w/ my bad wife behavior of two nights before.

me: how was your day?

him: fine.

me: how are you feeling?

him: fine.

me: what's wrong?

him: nothing.

me: you seem distant.

him: I'm trying to decide if I'm still mad at you or not.

me: Oh.

him: I'll just blame Larry.

me: Why blame Larry?

him: For keeping you out all night.

. . .

me: I have to go to a show tomorrow night.

him: and what was the LAST thing I told you before you left???

me: I know, honey, I know. that's why I keep telling you you can't blame Larry.


. . .

me: so, how is this any different than when I tell you I'm going to spend the night at April's?

him: I don't know.

me: what is it specifically that's upsetting you about it?

him: i don't want to talk about it. I'll just get mad all over again.

. . .

me: Minka's opening in Porgy on Thursday at 8pm.

him: this Thursday?

me: next Thursday.

him: ok.

me: are you sure you want to go?

him: yeah.

me: Because I can still invite Brianne.

him: No, I want to go. AND MAKE SURE YOU COME HOME.



(whistling in the dark)