Sunday, July 10, 2005

there's a glitch in this forum that now leaves this ginormous space above every post. sigh.

have I yet mentioned mr. zippy has a Japanese mama?

oh, yes, i think so.

I didn't even notice it when we met. he had to tell me for me to know. eleven years later he starts eating things like kippers on steamed rice w/ seaweed sprinkles and I think I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese, oh, yes, I think so.

Hurricane Dennis is upon us and I wish all my neighbors in the lower South East US a hearty prayer and well wishes. Where I'm at, it's WIND WIND WIND. Tornado watch thru midnight, flash flooding too. But I live on a hill where we'd have to have a wall of water at least 100 ft high from the coast inward to flood us, so that much doesn't worry me.

And we have no basement to hide in should the funnel cloud open up above us, so what's a zippy to do but blog?

poor elder doggy zippy hates getting wet, but she had to pee so badly she was pacing and pacing and pacing and... so I finally made her out the back door. she was happy for it later, but at the time it was raining so hard I'm not sure she knew she'd actually gone or not.

yesterday, I made two flower beds and planted small and large day lilies. today I transplanted iris, rose cadmium and some sort of lush green thing w/ a tiny little yellow flower. I've been pulling these as weeds but my landscaper friend said to take some from his garden, citing "a weed is simply anything that grows where you don't want it to."

wild flowers don't care where they grow.

all this in continuing effort to renovate a theater nearby. they are also holding an on-line silent auction as a fund raisser, if any of you are interested: neighborhood playhouse

right. I'm off to listen to the wind blow.

a way out west they got a name,
for rain and wind and fire.
the rain is Tess
the fire Joe
and they call the wind MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!