Thursday, February 24, 2005

the dogs and I were eating nori seaweed slices earlier this evening and we thought to ourselves "Self," (it was a collective thought), "you ought to blog and let everyone you freaked out know you're doing much better."

ok. so.

self-mutilation and all, i'm doing ok.

really.

stop fretting about me, all you fretters.

thanks.

really.

I'm looking ino getting a shrink to help with my drama and hoping i don't fail any course work as a result of all this -- although i already know I am failing at least one class. the insulting thing is that it's ON LINE.

sigh.

I have sat in this chair for so long today that my ass literally aches. I can't bring myself to leave the house today, although I did just walk to the post box and back, much to the new dog's chagrine. he never thinks I'm coming back. sweet, puppy that he is.

just picked up a Robert Earl Keen disc for mr. zippy that I don't think he was even aware was out there. he'll be happy. i'll be tickled to watch him shake his tail feather again. other discs in rotation in la casa de zippy:

keane "hopes and dreams"

emmylou harris "stumble into grace" (I want to look just like emmylou harris when i grow up)

leonard cohen "ten new songs" (although the cd is from 2001, so not *EXACTLY* new...0

gabriela anders "last tango in prio" (a complete smooth jazz vocal album of billie holiday covers)

john hiatt (a best of cd)

melissa etheridge "lucky"

norah jones "feels like home"


feels like a mood to me.