Sunday, July 17, 2005

So, I'm out there pruning my rose bushes this afternoon and it always takes longer than I expect it to. I go out thinking to myself, "Self, this ought to be a good hour in the sun" and invariably in turns into a good three hours -- hot, sweaty, buggy hours in the sun.

Today's sun happened to be not so hot, really, only about 80 degrees, but the moisture in the air was like slogging through a bayou. Add to that the long sleeves I wear (can't afford a burn) and the fat cat suddenly curled in my lap as I prune the bottom of the bushes and YOU KNOW WHAT?? That was one mighty muggy venture.

But my roses bushes are all the better for it PREEN! and not one not two but three THREE cars slowed as they drove by to compliment how gorgeous they are. Wish I could take full credit, but all I do is feed and prune them. The rest is up to Mother Nature. That, and Ortho Japanese Beetle Spray. The Label swears it kills on contact, but all those little fuckers did was fly off to the next bush... and the next and the next. Fortunately, I'd sprayed as I went along, so once I was down wind and the beetles took to the bush I'd already been to they bounced off it like a pinball I swear yelling AIIIIEEE!!! all the way. they finally gave up on my yard and crossed the street to my good Republican neighbor's yard.

hehehehe