Friday, July 29, 2005

yes, folks, it's official: it was the pepper.

See, the only difference between white pepper and black pepper is that white pepper doesn't have the (black) HUSK. that makes it better for you, actually, as the husk is what sticks to the lining of your stomach and if you aren't careful will burn holes right through it. but with black pepper - still in the husk - you get very little of the hardcore white pepper stuff inside it. w/ white pepper, you seriously need to pay attention to how much you are using because it doesn't stand out like black pepper does against whatever you're pouring it onto.

And this, we know, I did not do.

No frelling wonder I was in a world of hurt!

and mr. zippy told me last night he didn't think I'd make it to the store (less than 1 mile from my home) in my condition, that's why he went instead. if he thought I could have made it out the front door he'd have gladly rolled over and gone back to sleep.


So, yesterday my stomach was still a bit raw but no headache THANK. GOD. and no hurling. And the skies opened up in the late afternoon and cooled my world off after I spent time in the scorching sun putting in new pretties along the drive and street between my roses.

but we ate cold sandwiches and tomato soup last night for supper. no pepper added.