Sunday, August 14, 2005

Saturday conversations in zippy's world:


him: I was expecting a younger crowd.

me: It's an Elvis impersonator.

him: in-TER-PRE-TER.

me: riiiiiiight.

. . .opening act. . .


me: i dunno, mr. zippy, he sure seemed like an impersonator to me.

him: that was the young elvis, the warm-up act.

me: there's more?

him: you didn't read the link i sent you did you?

me: i looked at it . . . I bought the tickets didn't I! . . .


. . . between acts . . .




me: I can't believe this is my father's wedding ring.

him: what are you going to do with it after I die?

me: Give it to my nephew.

him: ok.

me: What makes you think you'll die first?

him: I dunno. Just do.

me: Because women outlive men by ten years or so?

him: Yeah.

me: Well. . . if it makes any difference, diabetes pretty much negates that gap between us.

him: Oh.

me: But no matter which one of us dies first, know that I will always love you.

him: awww

us: (smooch)


. . . now back the concert . . .

him: Wow! he's got a really great voice!

me: WOO HOOO!!!! OH YEAH!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

him: ZIPPY DO NOT THROW YOUR PANTIES AT THAT MAN!

me: MORE! MORE! MORE! WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

. . . after the concert . . .


him: That was fun!

me: A lot more fun than I anticipated!

him: you didn't think you'd like it?

me: I expected a really cheesy production. but KING SIZE PAID THE RENT with EVERY SONG!!!

him: are you going to be hoarse in the morning?

me: AND HOW!